When a Fun Family Video Goes Viral - How to Make the Most of It
Don’t really know what a podcast is quite yet?? Let me make it easy for you. It’s perfect for you - the super-busy-always-running-around woman that you are. Pull up the podcast on your phone, plug-in your headphones and listen as you workout, do your errands or even the dishes late night!
CLICK on the LINK Below & Go
OR another easy way you can pull up the Mompreneur on Fire podcast via the Podcast App that is already. on. your. iPhone.
Deva graciously agreed to talk with me about all things mompreneur. How does one even get started in a viral video parody biz?? How do you create this labor intensive awesomeness while also running a home and raising a family? I don't know what I expected but perhaps it was a larger-than-life type personality but what I got was so much better. Deva is kind and funny and most shockingly quite real. Yes, she has highs and lows just like the rest of us and she's embracing this journey in front of her. But what else?? The woman is busting her butt and I totally appreciate that. Yes, she's enjoying it and she loves it but I give props to the hard worker too.
That and I love the gift that she gives us. Her genius is to give us laugther and lightness during some of the most stressful times out there. I know I'm appreciative!
We talked about many different things here are just a few:
- What her workweek looks like
- How she's doing the work she loves and kind of stumbled into it
- When and where she's not perfect
- How she keeps Zen
- Her mentors
- How her community has grown
- Her daughter's parody The Momster Mash
- Her twenty one pilots: Stressed Out video (I snorted in laughter when I watched this!)
- Male Patterned Blindness
- Jenn Mann - People I Want To Punch in The Throat
- Ilana - Mommy Shorts
- Kim Holderness
- United Talent Agency
- Premeir Pro
- Canon C100
MORE FROM DEVA
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- An actress. I knew from as far back as I can remember that I wanted to act. There was never, ever anything else I wanted to do with my life.
- What was your first job?
- My first job was babysitting. And in the summer I worked as a production assistant on workout videos blow-drying sweat off of people's bodies between takes. In my years trying to be an actress in LA I worked every job out there. Waitress. Birthday Party Entertainer. Gardener. Overnight Transcriber. Caterer. Shakespeare Teacher. Dog Walker. You name it, I did it. And I still could barely pay my rent.
- What are your go-to books and apps?
- Cheryl Strayed's Tiny Beautiful Things is like my Bible. I reach for it whenever I need inspiration or a pick-me-up from feeling down. The only apps I really use are social media apps since I am on social media 24/7. Oh, and I recently discovered Door Dash. I use it to get food delivered when I'm shooting videos!
- What are your favorite gifts to give??
- I love giving my girlfriends Sephora gift cards. Probably because I wish someone would give me one!