Do you love listening to Podcasts? Or do you not really know what one is quite yet?? Let me make it easy for you. It’s perfect for you - the super-busy-always-running-around woman that you are. Pull up the podcast on your phone, plug-in your headphones and listen as you workout, do your errands or even the dishes late night!
CLICK on the LINK Below & Go!
OR another easy way you can pull up the Mompreneur on Fire podcast via the Podcast App that is already. on. your. iPhone.
I met Veteran Blogger and Podcaster Jane Maynard from This Week for Dinner at the Mom 2.0 Summit this year and loved her immediately. She is a mom, a mompreneur, a podcaster (!) and blogger. I knew immediately I wanted to talk with her on my own podcast and she didn’t disappoint. Several things from our conversation stood out for me. She talked about how her blog was her base or resume for getting her work in other areas. How podcasting is at the ground floor of entry and why it’s got such huge potential. Imagine what will happen when cars easily access podcasts? Then, I loved, how she talked about Scruffy Hospitality, and where and how she prioritizes things for her family.
Jane helped frame how the blogging world was shaped. I have no doubt she’s “in” on how podcasting will be framed out too. Actually, she helped me without even knowing it with her How to Start a Podcast post!
We talked about many things including:
- How she started out freelancing.
- The power of networking
- How you can still reach out and people *will* respond
- How and why she started her podcast
- How Storytelling Podcasting is "where it's at"
- What will happen when technology and podcasting catch up with one
- Bloggers vs Podcasters - what the difference in followers means
- Building good content on the ground floor
- How she's a little more strategic with her podcast than she was with her blog
- How she manages the different relationships
- Where and how she spends her focus in terms of time spent
- Why there's such a differentiation in time spent
- Her upbringing and how that prepared her for her work today
- How she manages her time, projects and family
- Here's how I'm failing! - Ann Miura-Ko
- Scuffy Hospitality
- SocialLuxe Lounge
- Design Mom
- Hostess with the Mostest
- Ann Imig
- The Big Short
- Gimlet Media
- Startup Podcast
- Boston Mamas
- Sodium Girl
- Her interview with awesome Ann Miura-Ko
- Scruffy Hospitality
More from Jane
What did you want to be when you grew up??
- My dad had me trained to say "astrophysicist" when I was really little, which is pretty darn funny. I actually always wanted to be a teacher, from when I was tiny right up through college. I'm actually surprised that it never happened in the end. Maybe one day!
What was your first job?
- Boston Chicken, which is what Boston Market was called back in the day. I think more than anything I learned that I didn't ever want to work in restaurants ever again, but I sured did love easy access to mashed potatoes.
What are your go-to books and apps?
- Books? The ever-classic "How to Cook Everything" by Mark Bittman is the book I pull out most often. As for apps, I use IMDB all the time (embarrassing!). Podcasts, of course! Shazam gets a lot of use on my phone, too. What else? PhotoForge2 is my favorite photo editing app, although it is sadly no longer available for purchase. Oh, and Spotify! It's funny, I don't have any cooking or recipe apps on my phone!
What are your favorite gifts to give?