Making the Shift Leave Corporate for Your Side Hustle: Interview with Monica Froese
Do you love listening to Podcasts? Or do you not really know what one is quite yet?? Let me make it easy for you. It’s perfect for you -- the super-busy-always-running-around woman that you are. Pull up the podcast on your phone, plug-in your headphones, and listen as you work out, do your errands, or even the dishes late night!
CLICK on the LINK Below & Go!
OR another easy way you can pull up the Mompreneur on Fire podcast is via the Podcast App that is already. on. your. iPhone.
This post may contain affiliate links.
There is something that happens when you have kids that is inexplicably, irrevocably different in you. Yes, yes, you love like you never thought possible. There is also this change in the value of your time. Your time away from your kids, your time with adults, family, and friends. Everything is looked at with a new lense. The meaningless become important. Things you didn't mind before become important choices in your life. LIKE that corporate job. Sure in your twenties you could go into an office, do your thing and hit up happy hour in the evening. Then you become a mom, a busy mom and your corporate job becomes a means to an end. And you start a side gig. You are working for everyone else, your boss, your clients, your family but how - oh - how do you work for yourself?? My conversation with Monica Froese from Redefining Mom was about just this story. How do you leave your corporate job for you side gig? Monica's story is pretty amazing and now she's helping others make the shift too! You are going to love this story.
We talked about so many different things:
- Started not intending to have a business
- Her visit to the White House
- Passive Blogging
- Her bridge into working full-time
- Busy Moms Building book
- Multiple Revenue Streams
- Going from Information Overload to her Tipping Point
- Bringing in Revenue Streams
- When I shifted the mindset, things just changed.
- Fear of Missing Out
- Learning Overload
- Having to get over the skeptical-ness of myself
- Her mentors & business coach
- Her deep thinking moments
- Her 90-Day plan
- Her next time-management hack
- Her thoughts on Perfectionism & Entrepreneurship
More From Monica
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- A lawyer.
- What was your first job?
- This one is gross! My dad got me to work in a butcher shop at 14. It was owned by a distant family member. I am an animal lover and it was not a fun thing to do but it did teach me to appreciate jobs later on.
- What are your go-to books and apps?
- I track all of my morning walk/jogs using the app RunKeeper. It gives me a look back of all my runs for the last 5 years! I can't live without my Podcast app. My absolute favorite book of all time is The Notebook. I read it while I was working on the alzheimer's unit of a nursing home when I was 16. It's a very touching story. My favorite recent reads have been Big Magic and #GIRLBOSS.
- What are your favorite gifts to give?
- I love giving meaningful gifts. I like to think outside the box and get something meaningful for the person I'm buying for. I tend to do a lot of my gift purchasing on Etsy these days.