Ashleigh Blatt | Mompreneur on Fire is building a power squad.
HEY! I'M ASHLEIGH!
Manager, Mentor & Mindful Mama
Have you tried and tried and tried to make your dreams come true, only to get off track by the real-life distractions from all those work requests, client requests, kiddo requests, hubby requests, parental requests, and the other everyday stuff you have to take care of??
Yep, that's me too.
Well, that was me too.
January 1, 2016, I made a New Year's Resolution that I knew wasn't just a resolution. I knew I was entering a "there's no turning back" life-changing territory. I used my epic project management experience to get my butt in gear, my life high-quality and my work to "the next level".
- I was a top-notch, certified project manager leading multi-million, high-profile projects. That means I can organize anything to the Nth degree to get sh*t done. Really. Someone once called me the "Oprah of Project Management." I loved that.
- With a partner, I had my own consulting firm where we were (almost) immediately successful with 20+ employees. It was the most fun thing I have ever worked on and I certainly learned a lot about leading and growing a fast-moving business!
- I randomly went to a real-life coaching school where I met the most interesting, caring people from all walks of life. Think Silicon Valley to Colorado Woods. Hippie, witches, and conservatives - oh my! If you ask me, that truly was one of the most life-changing, amazing experiences in my life.
- I lived almost my entire adult life in Washington, DC. I am an East Coaster through and through. That said, my husband and I moved to Southern California BK and now we just miss the seasons while we soak up 75 degrees all year long. (Don't hate me.)
- Both my parents have passed. My mother passed when my oldest was just 2 months old. Then my Dad passed in his sleep almost 2 years later. A piece of your heart disappears when these moments happen. Tell your living folks you love them every. time. you. talk. with. them.
- I am even more conscious of time and how it's spent. Truth is: Laser focus is required to go big, be bold and to live your life on fire.
- I had my first Mompreneur on Fire podcast interview January 3 with Cassie. (You know I love her!)
- I started meditating. I really wish more people gave it a chance! It's not about emptying your mind, it's about focusing your thoughts. The thoughts you think are the thoughts you become.
- I read and read and read and read and took a gazillion courses. Then I tested and tested and tested. And then the tears flowed when my Pageviews hit 3000 per day (aka 100,000 PV a month) Then higher.
- I started consulting with entrepreneurs and fast-growing companies on building a presence online for the sole purpose of generating sales and multiple revenue stream.
What's next? I'm building a power squad.
I'm building a squad. A woman’s squad. No Taylor Swift. No Skinny Girls. And no balding white man who is going to tell me what they think I should do.
I have kids. I have businesses. I have siblings. I have bosses. I have a house that is a disaster 10 seconds after it’s cleaned. I have mortgages. (Well, one.) I have drop off and pick up. I have conferences day in and day out all. day. long. Heck, I have to make snack for the class every Monday. I am handling and dealing with and running circles around the men in my life.
I am just one power mom.
I’m building a power squad. Sure, we’ve got Glennon and Elizabeth, Gabby and Shauna, Brene too. But now we need more more action-oriented power players. Power women.
I’m building a squad.
Who wants in?