From Hobbyist to Successful Business Owner
Do you love listening to Podcasts? Or do you not really know what one is quite yet?? Let me make it easy for you. It’s perfect for you - the super-busy-always-running-around woman that you are. Pull up the podcast on your phone, plug-in your headphones and listen as you workout, do your errands or even the dishes late night!
CLICK on the LINK Below & Go
OR another easy way you can pull up the Mompreneur on Fire podcast via the Podcast App that is already. on. your. iPhone.
Jenny Keller learned how to bake when her little ones were just wee-ons and has since transitioned her hobby to a successful, multi-faceted business. One quick look at her website, JennyCookies.com, and you see Jenny pulls together loads of beautiful work. Her work includes styling parties and desserts tables, hosting beautiful ladies lunches where women learn a great takeaway, she has a cookbook, has worked with plenty of celebrities and brands, like Neiman Marcus, Anthropologie and the lovable Tori Spelling. Her work is creative and beautiful in a very natural and authentic manner.
Talking with Jenny was as easy and as it was fun. It was like talking with an old friend and we talked all things business and family. We talked about many things including:
- How she ended up working with Tori Spelling and other celebs
- Where burnout lead her
- How she balances work and her business
- How her kids are involved in her business
- What she wants her kids to learn
- How her parents influenced her
- How she's developed relationships with brands
- Why she doesn't seek out perfection
- A great tip for up & coming Mompreneurs
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up! Now I can't even imagine that job! One day as a field trip chaperone and I'm exhausted... how do they do it??
- What was your first job?
- My first job was at a local tanning salon. Ugh. What I wouldn't do to go back in time and take back all the "tans".
- What are your go-to books and apps?
- I love Jen Hatmaker books, she's hilarious and inspiring. Her recent book For the Love had me in tears. My current favorite is Go-Giver. Great read! Favorite apps... I don't necessarily have favorite apps other than social media: Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and SnapChat. After keeping up on all of those there isn't any time left for the others!
- What are your favorite gifts to give??
- My favorite gifts to give are fresh flowers, beautiful home baked treats and indulgent items. It's fun to spoil someone with something they wouldn't normally buy for themselves.