Making the Most of Your Expertise with Jess Valant
Don’t really know what a podcast is quite yet?? Let me make it easy for you. It’s perfect for you - the super-busy-always-running-around woman that you are. Pull up the podcast on your phone, plug-in your headphones and listen as you workout, do your errands or even the dishes late night!
CLICK on the LINK Below & Go
OR another easy way you can pull up the Mompreneur on Fire podcast via the Podcast App that is already. on. your. iPhone.
Jessica Valant is a pilates instructor and a physical therapist. She just sold her studios in Hawaii and is now focusing her time taking care of her little one AND running an online community and membership-based health program at HappyHourMama.com. I wanted to talk with her because she not only because I love the idea of an affordable health program (think workouts and food guides for the busy mom) and I love that she is a mom making it happen. She’s transitioning from Brick & Mortar business to Online all with a kid in tow.
My questions are endless but start with: What? How? Why?
Jess was great to talk with and I don’t doubt you’ll enjoy the conversation as much as I did. A few of the things that we talked about included:
- Her first product
- How she's taking advantage of traffic from YouTube
- How she saw saw a missing element in the market and created it
- What drove her to become entrepreneurial
- The FUN first experience in setting her own schedule
- How she’s transitioning her work from hands-on to online
- How to stay true to yourself while also branching out
- Her goals
- Her Sunday To-Do List (LOVE!)
- "White space" exercise
- Her mentors
- Amazing lessons learned about listening to oneself
- Scoliosis Workout
- Pilates Anytime
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield
- Marie Forleo B-School
- Screw the 9-5
- Nikki Elledge Brown
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- I saw the movie “Regarding Henry” when I was 14 years old and knew I wanted to be a physical therapist. Before that I wanted to be a rock star :)
- What was your first job?
- First job - 14 years old - a hostess at Le Peep restaurant in Kansas City where I grew up.
- What are your go-to books and apps?
- What are your favorite gifts to give??
- I always give massages to my husband that I actually do myself.
- I love giving girlfriends gift certificates for pedicures or something else to pamper themselves.
- For grandparents I send homemade cards my daughter makes,
- and at Christmas I always give homemade treats like cookies or spiced nuts