Learn How a Leap of Faith & Smart, Hard Work = A Winning Formula for Building a Successful Business
Do you love listening to Podcasts? Or do you not really know what one is quite yet?? Let me make it easy for you. It’s perfect for you - the super-busy-always-running-around woman that you are. Pull up the podcast on your phone, plug-in your headphones and listen as you workout, do your errands or even the dishes late night!
CLICK on the LINK Below & Go
OR another easy way you can pull up the Mompreneur on Fire podcast via the Podcast App that is already. on. your. iPhone.
The thing I love about podcasting is the women I meet and have an opportunity to talk with like today's guest D'Shawn Russell from Southern Elegance Candle Company. I am talking with mom who are often working from home and the craziest, most real things happen, like a dog we can’t control in the background or random beeps from the dead fire-alarm battery. Yep, that one's me. During today’s recording the postman came with certified mail and D’Shawn, my superior guest, squealed with delight! I can't wait until you hear!
You can’t plan that and I certainly wouldn’t want to change it. We are moms and a lot of us work from home. We've got little ones in the background and dogs and all sorts of things thrown at us but we take. We take it in stride and press forward. Talking with D'Shawn was no different. She organically started something that grew and grew where she finally went "I think I can do this. I think I can make a business out of this." And I love her for it.
I get encouraged by listening to women (and especially moms) and their power stories. Today’s interview will make you happy and encouraged too. There’s no doubt about that one.
We talk about many things including:
- How she hired a business coach
- Her fun interruption!
- About wanting more and taking a leap of faith
- About living a life without asking for permission
- Find one person to follow
- When her friends didn't understand how she found her support system
- How being a military spouse prepared her for being an entrepreneurship
- Her biggest challenges
- How she's putting systems in place to manage all things
- Typical days
- The consistent important thing that happens everyday.
- How and why she limits her
- Her first big wins & how it changed her belief system in her business
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- I wanted to be a computer programmer, but it was in the early days of computers and my mom wanted me to go with a "safer" career. So, I became a math teacher instead.
- What was your first job?
- My first job was a cashier at Wendy's and I LOVED it!
- What are your go-to books and apps?
- What are your favorite gifts to give??
- My favorite gift to give is actually books! I think all my friends have received The Four Agreements. Although, I love giving them, people are not so happy about receiving them. So, I always add something handcrafted by a local artisan; pottery, jewelry, etc.