Making Waves in a Soulful Business: Interview with Meredith Haberfeld
Do you love listening to Podcasts? Or do you not really know what one is quite yet?? Let me make it easy for you. It’s perfect for you - the super-busy-always-running-around woman that you are. Pull up the podcast on your phone, plug-in your headphones and listen as you workout, do your errands or even the dishes late night!
CLICK on the LINK Below & Go!
OR another easy way you can pull up the Mompreneur on Fire podcast via the Podcast App that is already. on. your. iPhone.
This post contains affiliate links.
I have had the honor and privilege to talk with many women this past year about their businesses. I have loved every moment our conversations. Truthfully, today's podcast was just a little bit different. Meredith Haberfeld, Founder of ThinkHuman leadership development firm, an organization that works with cool companies like Soul Cycle and Spotify, spoke to and of things that have really stuck with me since our recording. Not only do I connect with some of the things she discussed (business divorce, iterative businesses, wanting to make an impact) I was also inspired by this power, knowledge and confident enthusiasm from within the conversation. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up and her answer was Secretary of State, I laughed because it seemed so post on. Meredith is making waves, no doubt about it.
My Key Take-Aways
- Wait, I'm not the only one to go through a devastating business divorce?
- Wait, you want to break things on purpose to make them better? Phew - me too!
- Wait, how do you help people have personal responsibility, live raw and honestly AND turn that into "quantum results"?
- Her heart is called to have and make an impact. She's sorting through the HOW now. (YES!)
- More and more the world has become a place where purpose and profit can intersect. (Yes!)
- Focus on bringing one's legacy true. Focus on fulfilling one's vision.
- "Life is messy and humiliating ridden with failure, tell the truth about it all.... (and so becomes the more joyful) path!"
We talked about many things including:
- Leadership development for fast-growth companies
- Cultivate the best in your own work and your team
- Iterating your business
- The chess pieces in business
- Being a senior leader in a $200 company in your 20s
- connected the dots when people have personal responsibilty raw and honest those dynamics in a an or quantum results
- Her devastating business divorce
- Lifting her head through the mommy fog
- One to many impact
- Current state of her business
- Want to break things on purpose to make them better.
- How they're sorting through how to have the impact
- Business is a powerful lever for doing good & how
- Take notes about things in the night
- Her oh-so wonderful mentors
- Inward & Outward pieces of advice
Bread and Wine by Shauna Neiquist (one of my mentors)
More from Meredith
What did you want to be when you grew up??
- Secretary of State
What was your first job?
- White water river guide for ARTA River Trips
What are your go-to books and apps?
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Noah Yuval Harvard
What are your favorite gifts to give?
- I live for Etsy gifts